Simi Valley Sophist

The Simi Valley Sophist ruminates on all manner of topics from the micro to the macro. SVS travels whatever path strikes his fancy. Encyclopedia Britannica: Sophist "Any of certain Greek lecturers, writers, and teachers in the 5th and 4th centuries BC, most of whom travelled about the Greek-speaking world giving instruction in a wide range of subjects in return ..."

Name:
Location: California, United States

Retired: 30years law enforcement-last 20 years Criminal Intelligence Detective.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday Morning Rant-Color Me Gone

Bloggers, listen up! Many of us put a considerable amount of time into creating our blogs. Ostensibly we do so because we want others to read it. There are gazillions of blogs out there, each competing for the time of the reader. Why then do some bloggers create blogs which are nearly impossible to read due to small font and font colors that are hard to distinguish from the background color?

If I already know that it is a really good blog site, I might spend some time trying to decipher it, and then maybe not. If it is my first time at the blog site, I’ll normally exit faster than I entered.

So bloggers, just because you have the eyes of an eagle does not mean that all of the readers are like you. It’s up to you to decide if you want to induce me to read what you wrote. If not, color me gone.