Simi Valley Sophist

The Simi Valley Sophist ruminates on all manner of topics from the micro to the macro. SVS travels whatever path strikes his fancy. Encyclopedia Britannica: Sophist "Any of certain Greek lecturers, writers, and teachers in the 5th and 4th centuries BC, most of whom travelled about the Greek-speaking world giving instruction in a wide range of subjects in return ..."

Name:
Location: California, United States

Retired: 30years law enforcement-last 20 years Criminal Intelligence Detective.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Good Day & A Remembrance

Can’t sleep tonight for some reason. That’s very unusual. I’ve had a grueling couple weeks at work that have not allowed me any time to write. The overtime was \horrendous, and I’m exhausted. Nevertheless, I had a good day today, and no work except going to the range for the monthly qualification. We had a new combat course this month, and I only dropped two rounds with the department issued 40 cal. Berrette 92F. Now, with my 45 cal Ruger P345, I shot a perfect score. Sweet!!

Lying sleepless in bed tonight, a gent from the past popped into my mind. Lee was a reserve police officer and rode with me in a radio car in the early 1970’s. He was a great partner: Dependable and always backed my play without interceding and taking control. I gave him a great referral when he applied to become a regular officer. For some reason, the agency did not pick him up. Instead, he became a police officer with one of the railroads. It think it was the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe. We lost contact with each other after that. I wonder what has become of Lee.

Lee, why did you come to mind tonight? I don’t know, but I’m going to look you up.