Simi Valley Sophist

The Simi Valley Sophist ruminates on all manner of topics from the micro to the macro. SVS travels whatever path strikes his fancy. Encyclopedia Britannica: Sophist "Any of certain Greek lecturers, writers, and teachers in the 5th and 4th centuries BC, most of whom travelled about the Greek-speaking world giving instruction in a wide range of subjects in return ..."

Name:
Location: California, United States

Retired: 30years law enforcement-last 20 years Criminal Intelligence Detective.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Simi Valley Sophist Cited by the Washington Post—More on Jihad Jane


Gee guys, all I said in the Simi Valley Sophist was, “No matter how you slice and dice it, a traitor is still a traitor. Jane Fonda is back in the anti-war game, and this time it is the war in Iraq.” And, it landed me in Howard Kurtz’s piece The Blame Jane Game in the Washington Post. Kurtz states,

It took only a few nanoseconds for the right side of the blogosphere to get fired up. It took, in fact, only two words: Jane Fonda.
Actually Mr. Kurtz, it did not take me “a few nanoseconds….to get fired up.” I’ve been fired up since the Vietnam War Days. You see, I was classified 1Y and not drafted for medical reasons. And, now I seem to be suffering some sort of guilt for having not done my part along with my fellow citizens. It galled me then and it galls me now that Jane Fonda crossed the line from First Amendment exercise to aid and comfort of the enemy. To make matters worse she was given a free ticket.

Fonda is not the only one to blame for the demoralization of the American public and the subsequent political fallout that resulted in the ignominious withdrawal from Vietnam. I wrote about that in the Simi Valley Sophist: We were Complicit in Fonda’s Treason: Let’s Not Do It Again. Jihad Jane may again be up to her old tricks, but I won’t stand idly by this time.